Open Table Community is a Christian body of believers (EFCA) based in the Chamblee/Doraville area of Atlanta that desires to love God passionately, share life intentionally, and together love our neighbors.
When we describe ourselves, we tend to gravitate around these notions:
- Simple and a litte messy – We don’t strive for high production value.
- Sensitive to the Spirit – We don’t want to go through the motions. God is alive and we want to be aware of God’s presence.
- A safe space to be real and authentic – Confession and openness starts with our leadership.
- Compassionate and generous – We carry each other’s burdens. We practice listening and praying.
- Diversity striving for unity – Diversity is important, but not the goal. Discipleship is the goal and reconciliation is the byproduct.
Open Table Community used to be known as Northside Community Church (founded in 1985). Our DNA includes some charismatic elements, a heart for global missions (particularly in Bosnia), and spiritual healing and renewal. In 2004, the Lord began a transformation of our goals, values, and location. He moved us from the suburbs to a more industrial part of town and refined our focus and ministry. And this part of the journey has added aspects of community development, missional/incarnational approach to the gospel, multiethnic ministry, and emotional health. We appreciate the long way God has brought us, kept us, and sustains us even today. We don’t claim to do anything well, but we can testify to the fact that God can draw straight lines with crooked instruments.
So true to our namesake, we often gather to worship and pray around tables during Sunday morning. We partake in communion on the first Sunday of each month, and share lunch afterwards as well. We open our tables for one another, for you, and for whomever is interested in sharing and extending this table that Jesus has prepared. Come to the table and be fed!